- Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards Winner 2019:
- Direct access to the 12 week La Trobe University Acclerator Program – Advanced Stream.
- Environental Sustainability Category Winner
- Health Category Winner:
- Open Category Winner:
- Youth Category Winner:
- Up Mini 3D Printer valued at $1,000
Entries received by 9am Monday 15 July will also have the opportunity to attend a 4 day (23 July – 26 July) La Trobe University Accelerator Program Primer Bootcamp (Melbourne and Bendigo). The Bootcamp provides intensive training and individualised coaching on topics such as website design, entrepreneurial marketing, value proposition, business model canvas, sustainability, pricing, social entrepreneurship, global success, wellness, IT platforms and pitching. There will also be an opportunity to pitch for a place on the 12 week La Trobe University Accelerator Program and up to $10,000 in non-equity seed funding.
2. Competition description
The following guidelines have been prepared to assist with submitting an entry for the Be.Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards. Entry into the competition is open to all inventors and innovators whose invention/innovation meet the entire criteria contained in this document. You are encouraged to carefully review the details for each category and definitions before registering or submitting an entry. The four categories for entry are:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Open (for inventions that fall outside of these themes)
- Youth (for aged 17 and under)
3. Conditions of Entry
- Applications are only accepted online and we are not responsible for entries that are not provided in viewable online format for any reason.
- Be.Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards Steering Committee members, judges, or their family/house members are not eligible to enter.
- Previous Bendigo Inventor Award winners are ineligible to be awarded major awards if they resubmit their previous entry. They are eligible to enter and are eligible for all awards for new submissions.
- Applicants must be the legal or authorized owner of the invention/innovation and its intellectual property.
- Applicants consent to promotional exposure of their invention/innovation and themselves.
- Applicants consent to having the summary description of their invention/innovation published on www.biif.com.au and distributed through social media channels.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applicants must accept and abide by all terms and conditions.
4. Application Process
- Are only accepted via the online process at www.biif.com.au/awards.
- Must be completed in English.
- Must answer and comply with all the questions as outlined in the online application form.
- That have been assessed as not meeting the selection criteria will not be considered eligible for the major award prize.
- Should clearly demonstrate the relevance and significance of the invention/innovation by answering all questions.
- Will be reviewed by the Be.Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards Advisory Committee and judging panel.
- Applicants can enter multiple entries but duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Tips for submitting your entry.
- Be clear and concise in answering all questions.
- Avoid technical jargon – keep it simple. Whilst you are familiar with your invention/innovation, the judging panel may not be as technical.
- Reference evidence that supports your application (e.g. research article, valid statistics)
- Research well before you submit your application and seek assistance (e.g. industry professionals).
- Ensure your entry is easy to understand.
- Judging is exclusively based on your online application, although clarification may be sought by our judges.
- All shortlisted entries will be given the opportunity to undertake the La Trobe Accelerator Program 6 day Primer Bootcamp. To take part in the Primer Bootcamp you must be available between 23 July – 1 August.
5. Competition dates
- Applications open: Tuesday 0900hrs (9am) Australian Eastern Standard Time 23 April 2019.
- Applications close: Monday 0900hrs (9am) Australian Eastern Standard Time 5 August 2019.
Entries cannot be accepted outside these times. It is suggested entries be submitted early as no responsibility is taken in the case of last moment server congestion.
Exhibition and Awards presentation: First week of September 2019 in Bendigo, Australia.
6. Other information
- Finalists and Winners are announced at the Be.Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards Ceremony in early September 2019.
- Award Winners will be required to deliver up to 3 minute speech outlining their entry and thanking all sponsors.
- All applicants are advised to consider having their entry protected by a provisional patent, trademark or other mechanism. If patent and/or design protection is of interest we recommend taking advice from a registered patent attorney.
- Have you successfully completed your online application detailing:
- Correct contact details including current email address and phone number
- Concise details addressing all questions
- Indication of the stage of commercialisation/development (on application form)
- Supporting information/evidence (if applicable)
8. Further Information
Prepare early for your display at the Exhibition. Information will be sent via email to entrants.
Further information and updates are available from the Be.Bendigo Invention + Innovation Awards web page www.biif.com.au/awards; Facebook page or Be.Bendigo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions, dates and venue may be subject to change.